For today's post we'll be taking a glimpse into the chaos that is my life. After finally getting the kids loaded and on their way to school with dad, I haul cookies upstairs to get ready for work. This process used to take me a good 45 minutes - make up, hair, fabulous outfit, accessories - but now I can get it done in a whopping 15 minutes! It's not that I don't care about what I look like, because I do, its just that I'd rather attempt to get an extra 20 minutes of sleep and spend 10 minutes in the starbucks drive-thru line for my caffeine fix than accessorize my outfit.
My morning commute is met with 40 minutes of great Denver traffic, all while struggling to keep my eyes open. Definitely not safe, but you do what you've got to do. Once I arrive at work, I have to check in with the gate guards. Typically this is a brief - "good morning", flash my badge, speed to my building because I'm running late - activity. However, there are a few times when the random vehicle inspection falls on me (like it did this morning). This is when our rent-a-guards check the vehicle to make sure terrorists and weapons aren't sneaking onto our campus (the thought is just hilarious to me). So, you've got to pop the hood of your car, unlock the doors and let the guards have free reign. Today, my guard was in for an extra special treat! Here's a list of the menagere of crap that's in my car:
In the cargo area:
Dualie BOB
12 pack of water bottles
Baby Bjorn
2 Dirty diapers (I forgot to take them out, whoops)
In the backseat (prepare yourself)
2 car seat bases
Emergency car kit (still out from Ruby's infamous breakdown)
Box of red patent flats that need to go back to DSW
3 pairs of heels leftover from switching to flops immediately after work
2 baby blankets
A burb cloth
1 of lil D's shoes
Teething rings & toys
My work calendar
A cardigan
A cookie sheet (from the rice krispie treat ghosts I made for the kid's halloween party last week)
Reuseable shopping bags
Massive car jack
Tissue Paper
Diaper coupons
A million & 1/2 empty water bottles
In the front seat:
Smurfette lunch box
Forever Sunshine Lotion
Hand Sanitizer
Triple venti non-fat latte!!
Registration sticker from 2 months ago (I really need to put that on my plate)
** note to self, clean the car this weekend! **
All the guard had to say after the inspection was "Wow lady, you've got a lot of baby crap in your car". I said yes, I'm a mom of twins and tore ass out of the check-in gate.
All the while, my favorite Bob Marley song was playing in the background. This is my life...utterly random & chaotic.

No comments:
Post a Comment