I rip open the box to make sure its perfect and exactly what I was hoping for, and that's when I see it. The website labeled it as "Cabbage Patch Surprise Newborn" and depicted it with a caucasian doll. Well I hate to break it to the Target web developers/merchandisers/warehouse workers, but the baby doll I received was not caucasian. After looking at the website again, there is an option for the african american doll, but that's not what I ordered and that's not what was in the box either. I think it was the hispanic version, which isn't even shown as an option. WTF?
So I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm not racist by any means, but I was really hoping to get lil A a dolly that was similar to her when she was born. So now what do I do? Do I call up Target and ask them to correct the issue, hoping they don't send me another ethnic doll? Or do I start her off on the early foot of understanding diversity and culture?
All I can say is this sort of thing always happens to me. Why can't I just get what is shown on the stupid website?!?! http://www.target.com/Cabbage-Patch-Kids-Surprise-Newborn/dp/B001THAUTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=list&keywords=cabbage%20patch&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1291178365&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Cabbage%20Patch%20Kids%20Surprise%20Newborn&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

No comments:
Post a Comment