Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Current Recipe I'm Loving!

Cake Bubbles!
They're like a cake bon-bon. Absolute heaven!

1 package of cake mix
1 tub of frosting
Chocolate Dipping Sauce

Cook cake mix according to boxed instructions. Let cool completely.
Crumble in a large bowl & combine with frosting.
Roll into bite sized balls. Freeze. Dip in chocolate.
Let the fabulous treats set up, and then enjoy!


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nov. 23rd & 24th - Double or Nothing

I apologize for skipping my post yesterday. After traveling to Salt Lake on Monday, I came down with a hellacious head cold. By the end of the day yesterday I had absolutely no energy left to type. So today is a double delight!

Tuesday was spent in misery working at my mom's while she prepared our "retail thanksgiving" feast. For anyone who has or still does work in the retail industry you understand the term well. Its basically a forced, early Thanksgiving because the slave driving industry makes you work on a day that's supposed be spent with family. Schmucks! Anyhow, as my mom will be working ridiculous hours, we celebrated yesterday with all the trimmings. From what I could taste, it was delicious!

Today I battled through the head cold and actually made it into the office, to spread the love & germs, but not before stopping at starbucks for my latte & pumpkin scone. (Didn't I say I wasn't going to eat anymore of their pastries??) Well I figured, I'm sick & feel like crap, so what's a little indulgence and few extra calories. After leaving the office around noon, I headed back to my mom's for Thanksgiving part 2...leftovers!! There's truly only one thing better than Thanksgiving and that's day 2 for all the yummy seconds. =) Lil D also had his appointment to recheck his ears from the recent infection. All looked well, so we're ready to have a blast this weekend! Now I'm off to prep my sweet potatoes for tomorrow and bake a few pastries. Nothing better than heating up the oven on a super cold day...and heating up your insides with some yummy mulled wine.

Day 2 = I'm thankful for medicinal induced foggy days and puffs w/ lotion.
Day 1 = I'm thankful for my mom's cooking, my kid's health, a holiday based around eating, and 4 day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment