We just had our 24 week appointment this week. It kicked off with the infamous weigh-in. Why do they insist on starting your appointments off with bad news??? This past month was a doosie for me. Christmas and New Years eating, not to mention my non-stop appetite and the barrage of sweets at work, it wasn't at all surprising that the scale sized me up at a hefty 155! Yup, a 6 pound gain this month. I guess there's not much you can do but shrug it off. On a positive note, the barista at starbucks said I had the cutest lil baby bump. Granted she just wanted a good tip, but I appreciate the kind words nonetheless.
So after the traumatizing weigh-in, it was off to my favorite part of the day. ULTRASOUND TIME!! The tech said everything checked out perfectly and they're both about the same weight and size; apparently a rarity with twins by this point. Although a complete assumption on my part, I figure since they're weighing the same that they're both getting the same amount of nutrients (which means those damn prenatal horse pills are truly worth the struggle). Last month the twinnies were T-boned with the girl pinned horizontally under my rib cage. This month they're laying parallel, the boy head down and the girl head up (under my utterly aching right ribs).
Notable moments of this ultrasound: Baby girl sucking her thumb, kicking her brother in the head, and finally getting a profile shot of our little man! A first this month would be my near pass out on the ultrasound table. Apparently they weren't lying when they say you shouldn't lay on your back after 16 weeks. I didn't have any issues last month, but about 1/2 way into this one I was sweating like I had run a marathon and was getting dizzy and nauseaous.
Next month - glucose tolerance test - JOY!

Profile shot of our lil man!

Baby Girl - sucking her thumb
So after the traumatizing weigh-in, it was off to my favorite part of the day. ULTRASOUND TIME!! The tech said everything checked out perfectly and they're both about the same weight and size; apparently a rarity with twins by this point. Although a complete assumption on my part, I figure since they're weighing the same that they're both getting the same amount of nutrients (which means those damn prenatal horse pills are truly worth the struggle). Last month the twinnies were T-boned with the girl pinned horizontally under my rib cage. This month they're laying parallel, the boy head down and the girl head up (under my utterly aching right ribs).
Notable moments of this ultrasound: Baby girl sucking her thumb, kicking her brother in the head, and finally getting a profile shot of our little man! A first this month would be my near pass out on the ultrasound table. Apparently they weren't lying when they say you shouldn't lay on your back after 16 weeks. I didn't have any issues last month, but about 1/2 way into this one I was sweating like I had run a marathon and was getting dizzy and nauseaous.
Next month - glucose tolerance test - JOY!

Profile shot of our lil man!

Baby Girl - sucking her thumb

No comments:
Post a Comment