Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Current Recipe I'm Loving!

Cake Bubbles!
They're like a cake bon-bon. Absolute heaven!

1 package of cake mix
1 tub of frosting
Chocolate Dipping Sauce

Cook cake mix according to boxed instructions. Let cool completely.
Crumble in a large bowl & combine with frosting.
Roll into bite sized balls. Freeze. Dip in chocolate.
Let the fabulous treats set up, and then enjoy!


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Catching Up

Now that the holidays are over, I feel its time for a much needed update from the past few months in the George Household.

First of all, our 16 week appointment went wonderfully (only a 2 pound weight gain) and we found out what we're having. Now I have to preface this by saying that the ultrasound tech "guessed" at our 12 week appointment that we were having two girls. While she did tell me not to paint the nursery, everyone in the office was very confident in her guessing abilities, which gave my mind the green light for full blown nursery planning. Anywho, long story short, she was wrong! After a full month of me be super excited for twin girls (and the corresponding cute cloths, barbies, tea parties) and my stellar nursery theme, Baby A had grown a turtle. Yup, a boy! Not that I was upset, just a little shocked that the girl guess didn't hold true. Now onto Baby B. She took a while to finally tell us (I think because she felt bad about being wrong), but low and behold, no turtle! Baby B was a girl! One of each - absolutely perfect!!

No turtle...our little girl.



Turtle...our little boy.



My head was swimming with all sorts of things after the appointment. Soccer league for the lil guy and ballet lessons for the girl. But wait...what the hell am I going to do about the nursery now?? This whole time I had only fathomed 2 boys or 2 girls, not one of each. A neutral themed nursery. CRAP!!!!
Following our big news on the gender prediction, it was time to kick my creativeness into high gear in preparation for Christmas. My 12 recipes of Christmas for 12 of my favorite family members, Christmas cards, jewelry making and pottery painting. Not to mention another insane round of traveling for work all in one month. It was definitely hectic, and I didn't have much of a chance to really bake or enjoy any of my Christmas decorations, but I did manage to get everything done just in the nick of time.

Another high point to December was our 20 week appointment, which meant an uber long ultrasound. A hour and a half of seeing my little ones! A small slice of heaven!! This appointment was amazing; a flashback to anatomy class in college. In the end, aside from being very active (especially the boy) both babes checked out with a perfect bill of health and are actually exceeding their growth/weight milestones at this point (maybe I'm eating too much).
Baby A...lil man's face and his first 3D picture.


Baby B...lil princess's first 3D pic and adorable profile.



So to end the year, the best thing that happened this month (outside of being blessed with wonderful family and friends) was the addition of a walk-thru baby gate for the basement. No more hiking over the old gate with a tub of laundry. How did I ever manage these past 3 years???

No comments:

Post a Comment