Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Current Recipe I'm Loving!

Cake Bubbles!
They're like a cake bon-bon. Absolute heaven!

1 package of cake mix
1 tub of frosting
Chocolate Dipping Sauce

Cook cake mix according to boxed instructions. Let cool completely.
Crumble in a large bowl & combine with frosting.
Roll into bite sized balls. Freeze. Dip in chocolate.
Let the fabulous treats set up, and then enjoy!


Friday, July 16, 2010

The Latest

Jungle life has definitely been busy. The kids are doing well and growing like weeds. D is our little chow hound and is constantly hungry. The kid has a hollow leg (I'm already afraid for the teenage years). As a result of his voracious appetite, he's growing faster than his sister. I'll be interested to see what their 4 month appointment stats will be. Lil A is our sweet petite and recently turned drama queen. She goes from happy to pissed in a flat second. On a positive note, she has been sleeping like a champ! Shes usually ready for bed around 8 and sleeps through the night...amazing! Her brother, on the other hand, has only managed to do that twice so far. I guess its true that boys develop slower than girls. Fingers crossed he catches on soon.

Big D is prepping for the fall rugby season at the Air Force Academy. He'll be driving down to the springs once a week plus games. While he'll still be on the road, it's a much shorter commute than Ft. Collins, so I'm happy about that.

Now that its mid summer, the temperatures here in Denver have been slowly creeping up into the mid 90's & 100. Since the back of the house faces west, our main level just cooks in the afternoons. After many sweaty evenings on the patio, we decided that a retractable awning would be a good addition. That was just installed yesterday and its already made a huge difference. We opted for the biggest size available...a whopping 20' x 12'. The thing looks like a sail! I'm not complaining though. If it will keep the house cooler I'll be a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment