So, today was our 36 week appointment. I gained a pound (the root beer floats are working!) putting my overall gain at 32 lbs now. We ended up seeing the oldest doctor of the practice for the first time. He was rather excited to be looking at a spontaneous twins file which apparently are rare with the increasing popularity of IVF. Anyways, the exam went well, I'm now 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. He feels like they could come any day now, and would be shocked if we lasted 2 more weeks.
Crazy news of the appointment was when he told us that he felt very confident we could actually have a normal delivery as opposed to the c-section that every other doctor in his practice has been pushing us towards. He feels they can manually assist little lady into a head down position during the perfect window of opportunity (after her brother is out and before things start contracting). While its rather relieving to know that this is an option, I am adamant about not having 2 different deliveries. It either needs to be all pushing or all surgery; not some combination of the two. We go again next week (if we last that long) for one last growth ultrasound and I pray that she's found the room to move out of her perpetual breech position. Dr. next week had better watch out, because I'm going to have A LOT of questions!
Notable moments this week: the belly is measuring 43 cm now....I'm becoming my own planet....and the possibility of developing pre-clampsia (which means a gianormous 6 vile blood test). I lucked out again and got the nutter nurse to draw my blood. Thankfully this time, she didn't miss the vein a million times. She must be practicing!

No comments:
Post a Comment