So the last couple of weeks have been interesting. 2 weeks ago on Saturday our furnace decided to stop working. After about 20 minutes of the burners firing and no heat coming out of the vents (along with this wonderful burning smell coming from the basement) we decided to call the repairman. Lucky Sears has a 24 hour service line, so we were able to get the first available appointment on Monday. That didn't help us for Sunday when the snow started to fall and we woke up to an internal house temp of 45. I decided it was time to dust off my Julia Childs baking skills and proceeded to bake all day long. With the oven running, along with the fireplace and space heaters running full board, the house finally got into the mid 50's by bed time. Monday morning was more of the same, but at least the guy showed up by 10 am. Turns out the control panel was fried. We had to pay a couple hundred bucks, but the heat was back on by 3 pm! Hooray!!
Last Friday I met D downtown for lunch at our favorite spot, Wynkoops. We had a wonderful lunch (I had gorgonzola ale soup and fries), however this guy sitting directly across from me was quite the creeper. At first I thought there might have been a tv above my head and that's what he was looking at, but as it turns out he was staring at me the whole time. When we got up to leave, the weirdo decided to head over to follow me out. He acted like he knew us, but I couldn't place him. As it turns out we didn't know him (thank god my preggo brain isn't too far gone) he just wanted to repeatedly voice how beautiful I was. If you've seen me lately, you know that I'm FAR from beautiful at this point and can see the hilarity in the moment. I've got bags under my eyes the size of China, have put on 30 pounds and basically look like hell warmed over. After about 5 minutes of this guy professing his love, D was getting pretty irritated. And then the creeper decided to try and grab my belly! That's when we figured out that chump was clearly off his meds and drunk as a skunk. D started treating him like a 2 year old and eventually got him to go back to his seat. Long story short, I had my first unwelcome belly grope attempt and my uncanny knack to attract the bottom dwellers of society hasn't changed. Either way, D was quite chivalrous through it all. My knight in shining armor.

No comments:
Post a Comment